Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are you following His plan or yours? - August 10th, 2011

There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the LORD’s counsel—that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21

History and Context:
As I shared on Friday, Proverbs was written as a list of one line nuggets of wisdom by King Solomon. Solomon was the son of David and the king of Israel. God asked him what the one thing was that he would want and he asked God for wisdom. God made him the wisest man who ever lived. Even with all his wisdom, he did not always follow God's counsel and reaped the consequences for it. After Solomon's death the kingdom became divided.

The Text:
We are good at making plans. We can plan out each day, maybe our week or even a whole month or year. Planning ahead is great and important, but we must be careful not to plan out God. It is His counsel that will be here forever. It is His plans that will create a lasting difference. When we go by our own plans, thos plans can change every day, but God's plan remains constant and steady. We need to learn to go by His plan.

The Challenge:
Seek God for His plan in your life. Don't rely on your own understanding or your own plan. Rely on God! His plan is the perfect plan for our lives. He knows us better than we know ourselves and He knows what is right for us and for those around us. Take some time today and seek Him for His plan for your life.

The Prayer:
Lord, I'm tired of simply following my own plan. I'm tired of trying and trying and nothing happening. Lord' show me your plan. Show me what you want me to do. Show me how you want me to do it. Thank you Lord! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment