Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dangerous Prayers

Dangerous prayers. I just started a week long reading plan about Dangerous prayers. Is there such a thing? It starts off with the line from “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” saying that Aslan is not safe but He’s good. Dangerous prayers.

I guess a dangerous prayer is one which is dangerous to our comfort zones, one that prays against the easy way of life. It is one that comes right up to the question of “why are we doing this thing?” So to start I have to ask myself, “why am I doing this thing?” Why am I a Christian? Why am I living? Why am I striving to be a good husband and father? Why am I working in Mental Health and now going to school? Dangerous prayers.

In order to truly make a difference I have to get out of where I am comfortable. I have to get out of my comfort zone. I have to step out of the easy way of life. Do I truly want to make a difference?

In order to reach people I have to step out, I have to reach out, I have to be seen. Do I really want to reach people? 

How far am I willing to go to reach God’s plan on my life? How far am I willing to go to fulfill His purpose in my life? 


Let’s start here: “Lord, teach me to pray dangerously!”

No comments:

Post a Comment