Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 A Year of Firsts

Last week I wrote about looking forward to the coming year and setting goals in my post at http://martureo77.blogspot.com/2010/12/vision-for-new-year.html. We do need to continually look forward. God speaks over and over again about the importance of vision in the Bible, but there can be a benefit to looking back as well. When we look back it is often easier to see God's blessings and protection over our lives. It is also easier to learn from our mistakes. So here am I looking back at the year 2010:

2010 for me was a year of firsts. For some things it was the first time ever in my life, whereas for others it was my first year returning. Here is a list of the firsts for me in 2010:

Nov 2009 - My wife and I came to the United States, meaning 2010 was my first full year back home, and my first year here with my wife.

Jan 2010 - We had the first youth meeting for Connection Youth Ministries.

Jan 2010 - I was hired to my first full-time paying job in four years at Northwest Mental Health

Feb 2010 - The first youth outing for Connection Youth. Generation Unleashed 2010!

Apr 2010 - My first promotion to a supervisory position. Which brought new experiences as a supervisor.

May/Jun - Tigist and I celebrated our first birthdays together.

Oct 2010 - We celebrated our first anniversary of our wedding.

Dec 2010 - Started this blog with the first post http://martureo77.blogspot.com/2010/12/undeveloped-dream.html

This was an amazing year and God has been amazing in the ways that He has provided and blessed us. Now's to looking forward to a year of growth in 2011. My marriage, our youth ministry, my job, and of course my relationship with God, I know will have amazing growth in this new year. It will also be interesting to see what new firsts come about in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment