Monday, September 26, 2011

I will bless the Lord at all times! - September 26th, 2011

 1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me.
And let us exalt His name together.Psalm 34:1-3

History and Context:
Psalm 34, like many of the psalms, was written by David, Israel's greatest king and the Bible proclaimed, man after God's own heart. David was a man of war and knew how to fight, but even more he knew how to rely on God. He constantly found himself in hopeless situations in which he cried out to God and God came through and saved him. He started out as a shepherd, became the king's musician, and in the end was the King of Israel. His psalms are honest and speak whatever is on his heart in that particular situation.

The Text:
This Psalm was written after one of the many times in which God saves David's life. As usual, David begins with praise to His God. When reading the Psalms that always seems to be his first response. He says that he will praise God at all times, and continually. There is not a time in which he is not praising God. Then in verse three he invites all who listen to also magnify the Lord. He is not content with being the only one praising God because he knows that God is more worthy of praise than that. He wants everyone around to praise and magnify the Lord as well.

The Challenge:
Today, as David did so many thousands of years ago, I invite all around to magnify the Lord. Let us exalt His name together, wherever in the world you may be. Let us make today a day filled with praise and worship of our Lord! Let us boast of the Lord and who He is! Let us praise Him continually!

The Prayer:
I praise you, I worship you, I exalt you o' Lord! I give you all praise and honor and glory! Be high and lifted up in my life and in the lives of those around you! Let my house be a house of praise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment