Friday, January 2, 2015

Rivers Are About to Spring Forth! - A Word for 2015



"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

On December 19th I posted A Road Through the Wilderness, discussing my word for 2014 and how we often have to go through the wilderness in order to get to the new thing that God has promised. Well in praying for 2015 I believe this is the year for rivers to spring forth in the wilderness! In addition to Isaiah 43:19 I believe God led me to Ezekiel 47:1-9:

Then he brought me back to the door of the temple; and there was water, flowing from under the threshold of the temple toward the east, for the front of the temple faced east; the water was flowing from under the right side of the temple, south of the altar. He brought me out by way of the north gate, and led me around on the outside to the outer gateway that faces east; and there was water, running out on the right side.
And when the man went out to the east with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the water came up to my ankles. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist. Again he measured one thousand, and it was a river that I could not cross; for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim, a river that could not be crossed. He said to me, “Son of man, have you seen this?” Then he brought me and returned me to the bank of the river.

When I returned, there, along the bank of the river, were very many trees on one side and the other. Then he said to me: “This water flows toward the eastern region, goes down into the valley, and enters the sea. When it reaches the sea, its waters are healed. And it shall be that every living thing that moves, wherever the rivers go, will live. There will be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters go there; for they will be healed, and everything will live wherever the river goes. 

There are two things that God is bringing to me from this passage of scripture for 2015. I believe that this river is a representation of the manifestation and presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives and ministry and I believe that God is showing us through this passage of scripture, how we are going to experience this outpouring and what it is for. 

First, like the man in the vision, we will experience this river gradually. As we begin 2015 we will simply be placing our toes in the river but soon we will find ourselves ankle deep, then knee deep, then waist deep, and by the end of the year we will be fully immersed in new manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Seek after this! Increase your time in His presence and in His Word. 

Secondly, God is saying that this new manifestation of the Holy Spirit is specifically for healing and for bringing new life. Jesus said that He came to bring us abundant life! (John 10:10) As we experience this increase of the Holy Spirit in our lives we will begin to recognize this abundance in our own lives but also in all of those that we come in contact with. Jesus told us that rivers of living water would flow out of us. (John 7:38) If they are flowing out of us that means that they are not just for us. They are for those around us! As God reveals more and more of His presence and gifts to you be sure that you do not hold it in! Share with all you come in contact with. As God increases your boldness and anointing to pray for the sick make sure you actually do it. If He gives you a new anointing to preach then preach! If He gives you an increased anointing to write, or paint, or any other creative art make sure that you do it and share it with the world. 

This is the year for rivers to spring forth in you and flow out of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment