Saturday, January 31, 2015

You have Turned My Mourning into Dancing!

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psalm 30:11-12

People love to quote this scripture as a promise, and we should. God, Jehovah, is going to turn our mourning, our times of sadness, into a time of dancing and rejoicing! This is true in your life, He is waiting to do it! 

But what is He waiting on?

This scripture gives us some hints. The first hint is in verse eleven:

You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

What is sackcloth? Sackcloth is a very rough material that was worn by those who mourn as they fasted and sought God. In other words, the psalmist is implying that during his time of mourning, during his difficult times, he was seeking God through fasting and prayer.
Have you been actively seeking God?

This is often a prerequisite of the blessing. We must seek God and invite Him humbly into our lives, into our circumstance. Then He will come and turn our mourning into dancing and cloth us with gladness!
The second hint is in verse 12:

To the end that my glory may sing praise to You...

I find it interesting that the psalmist is talking about his own glory not God's glory. So it is okay to desire glory for ourselves as long as we have the right focus for that glory.
Our glory should bring Him glory!

Are you honestly planning on declaring His praise and glory through your blessing? If we seek to glorify God in everything we do then God will glorify us!
Keeping this in mind we still at times have to go through the night. We still have to go through the dark times. It is times of testing, of trials, of training and preparation for ministry. In my post Rivers Are About To Spring Forth I wrote about God making a way through the wilderness, but we still go through the wilderness. However the rivers are coming! 

If you seek Him then you will experience the rivers springing forth. 

In fact I believe that in this month of January you have already seen trickles of those rivers. You may not have noticed them, they may have seemed small and insignificant in light of your wilderness, but they are signs of the dam getting ready to burst! 

The river of the Spirit of God is about to burst forth in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment