Saturday, February 21, 2015

You Can't Handle It... But God Can!

They say He won't give me,
more than I can handle.
Well is it true, can it be,
because my life is in shambles
I try to go to church
but even my pastor
doesn't have answers
for what I'm going through.
Lord what can I do?
If you're out there
Please come and show me through.

Have you ever felt this way?

Actually this is a good place to be. It is a common thing to hear in the Christian world: God won't give you more than you can handle. But that statement isn't true!

God never promised we wouldn't go through anything we can't handle, but He did promise He would help us handle it!

In fact, God told us to cast our whole burden on Him! In other words, if we will let Him, He will take it from us completely. But we need to seek Him through it!

What is it that you are going through?
What has been weighing you down?
What has been holding you back?

The Bible says that we should cast all of our cares on Him (1 Peter 5:7). Jesus wants it all! He wants to take our burdens and cares and He promised that His burden is light (Matthew 11:30).

This lie has been going around for many years now that God will not give us anything that we can't handle so when we hit those situations we think we have to take care of it ourselves. If we can't we feel like we are weak or a failure.

But God never meant for you to handle it alone!

He is there for you, waiting for you to run into His arms. He wants to hold you and comfort you and strengthen you. He is simply waiting with arms wide open for you to turn to Him, and He will bring you to victory!

2 comments:

  1. I always like to think of it as God gives us the grace to face whatever is in front of us right now. As I look at my past I see so many things that I don't know how I got through them, and, like you said, in reality "I" didn't, but God did for me and through. And just because we have been through something before doesn't mean it will be easier if you have to do it again. Hopefully, though, we will learn to give any and all things to God sooner and save ourselves some heart ache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's grace is sufficient in all things, but we do have to submit to it and allow Him to carry us through. If God kept us from anything that was more than we could handle then there wouldn't be such things as suicide or addiction. However when we realize the actual truth, that God is always there and ready to take our burden on Himself, we find that is even better because even the things that we could struggle through on our own become a lot easier to get through when we cast our cares on Him who cares for us!

      Delete